MBRC Road Cycling Rides
MBRC Club Road Cycling Rides
Many of our members also organize other types of rides; Mountain Biking, Cyclocross, Track, Fat Biking, which are organized within the member forum.
The Mississauaga Bicycle Racing Club is mainly a road bicycle riding/racing group, this means that our members use drop handle bar bikes, they are light & fast on paved roads, when riding in a group road ride certain bikes are not allowed:
- Flat mountain bike handlebars are not allowed.
- TT style Triathlon bars are not allowed in the group ride.
- eBikes are not allowed.
There are a few items that are important to a enjoyable road ride, members will need to be prepared for the following:
- To leave at the scheduled time of the roll-out (departure).
- Your bike must be in good working order, your tires at proper pressure & not overly worn.
- You must bring a spare tube, a tire pump & basic tools to preform a tire tube change.
- You must be prepared for the weather, being dressed for the elements, in the colder weather its best to dress in layers, in the heat be prepared with sun block.
- Members must have enough water to make it through the ride distance to the next refuel location.
- Helmets are mandatory on all club rides as per the rules outlined by the OCA insurance policy.
- You should wear a form of eyewear to protect your eyes from UV & miscellaneous debris.
- Bring enough calories for 100-200 cal per hour replenish.
- Understand the route.
- Follow directions from the designated tour leader of your ride.
Sport Club Rides
Sportif Club Rides
Weekday Training Club Rides
- All participants must be club members
- Riders must have completed an OCA/CCA waiver and purchased insurance
- All participants must wear a helmet
- Riders who intend to turn back early must advise the ride leader
- Every club member has a “duty of care” to every other member
- It is every members responsibility to ensure their fellow rider is taken care of